Skip Navigation

[Resolved] checked="checked" not updating on my View Radio buttons

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by nicholasM 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I am trying to:
I need to create an active state for my radio buttons, as that has to be done within an after ajax has updated callback I can not use an onclick and have to look for the checked: status of my view radio button.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
user: matternow
pass: matternowdev

I expected to see:
when clicking on a radio button I expect the checked:"checked" attribute be added to the radio button.

Instead, I got:
The checked:"checked" status remains on my first "all" filter and stays there, it is never updated or moved to the other items.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

When I try to open the link you shared it asks for the authorization access details and the access details you shared is not working.

Can you please share working authorization access details as well as admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Can you please tell me why you will require checked="checked" attribute - do you want to change the button color or you want to apply any additional CSS?

Correct, I need to apply an active style to my button, I have my nothing to hook into with the current markup. Also the checked="checked" is there on the ALL and stays there which seams like a bit buggy.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello there! Minesh won't be available for a couple of days. If you don't mind, I'll continue with you on this issue.

It seems that the AJAX response correctly sets checked="checked" for the chosen filter, but it does not update it on the view. I fixed that by changing the custom search settings from "Let me choose individual settings manually" to "AJAX results update when visitors change any filter values" and it fixed the issue. Check this screenshot hidden link

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Great, thanks! Is that a bug? I assume it should update when the other is chosen yes??

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I don't think it is a bug. But, I could not figure out the whole situation. There was a message that explains that the view is using an OR condition for the filters instead of an AND, and thus the possible filter values won't be generated correctly. Check this screenshot hidden link
I searched for custom code that may be behind changing the AND into an OR, but I did not find any.

Maybe this appears because you have a query filter on post_tags, but there are no corresponding filters in the search form. As long as changing the option fixed the issue, I did not try to remove the post_tags query filter. And I don't think it is relevant, unless there is something I am missing.

Ohh Ok, thanks so just a strange thing left over from my setup somehow, gotcha! well thats good, thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.