Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Checkbox labels not clickable on cred form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Checkbox labels not clickable on cred form
Solution:
The issue is that the checkbox field should be wrapped with the div having class name form-group.

You can find proposed solution, in this case with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/checkbox-labels-not-clickable-on-cred-form/#post-2245899

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesR-13 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have a form where the labels are not clickable for checkboxes. I have verified the names match. The label on a radio button on the same form are working as expected. Please advise.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share problem URL where you added the form?

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I checked on install and I found that the checkbox field should be reside within the div having class form-group.

So, for instance, you will have to wrap your checkbox field with the div with class name "form-group5" as given under:

<div class="form-group">
	<div class="col-md-5">[cred_field field="residential-standing-guard" force_type="field" class="form-check-input" output="bootstrap"]</div>
	<div class="col-md-7">       </div>
</div>

Once you made that change and save your form and then you should check on the frontend that if should work and checkbox will be checked when you click on the checkbox label.

OK, that did get the labels working, but unfortunately it seems to have broken my javascript that was rewriting the label text.

The form name is "Select Services" and the script is in the JS editor. It is supposed to rewrite each of the "I agree to the terms - XXXXXX" labels to be just "I agree to the terms"

It also seems to have made the WYSIWYG fields editable again, overriding the readonly="true" attribute.

OK, so after more testing the javascript label rewrite is working again, but the WYSIWYG fields are still editable.

I can hide the text/visual tabs with CSS, but that can be edited by the user and then they can change the text of the agreement term fields.

OK, nevermind. Not sure why but everything seems to be working as expected again now....

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.