Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Checkbox field is not storing value

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
A Types checkbox field is not saving its value when the post is saved.

Solution:
This was a known issue in certain circumstances with Types 2.3.2, fixed in Types 2.3.3

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by entwicklung 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-16 um 10.40.19.png

A checkbox, set up with types post fields for a custom post type, is not storing its value on post save.

I tested it with no other plugins activated and twenty seventeen theme in our local development environment. I also tried creating a new checkbox field, but the problem persists.
Changing the fields value with wp-cli changed it, but the next post save overwrites it again with zero.

Settings for the field are attached as a screenshot.

Versions:
Toolset Types: 2.3.2
Wordpress 4.9.8

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I just tested this myself with the same version (Types 2.3.3) and didn't find any problems, the checkbox saved correctly with the same settings you have.

If you tested it on a vanilla install then it may be something server related.

(I don't see any debug info to know your server set up.)

I suggest you check your PHP error logs to see if there are any revealing messages.

If not you could try the same in a different server environment to see if that confirms that that is the issue.

Let me know what you find.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sorry, I just re-read this to double-check something, and note that you were using Types 2.3.2 and I was testing with Types 2.3.3 (which was released yesterday).

That updated included a fix for an issue where checkbox values were not saving in the case of parent posts that had a connected child post, perhaps that matches your scenario.

In any case, can you update to Types 2.3.3 and then test again?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Indeed 2.3.3 fixed the problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.