Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Change CRED uploads path

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by diyanK 7 years, 2 months ago.

Author

I'm building a website with potentially huge user base and I would like to set a custom path for images uploaded by CRED content creation forms(not use WP Media folder).

I have been searching the forums and noticed that a lot of people have been asking for the same thing in the past and possibly some of these request made it into the dev queue.

Just wanted to get an update on this topic and see if there are some updates on the issue.

Thanks!
D.

Upon further investigation and testing I have found out that I can edit the paths of the uploads directory and prefix a user directory by using this plugin: Custom Upload Dir

This way all uploads will get stored in a separate folder named after the user.

However the Media dialog is still going to show all uploads, if there is a way to make it filter out things and show only uploads made by the current logged in user that'd be awesome.

Upon even further investigation of this topic in addition to the Custom Upload Dir I have added a second one called WP Users Media which will filter out media by author.

Ultimately the solution I got by those two plugins solved my issue for now, the workaround is good enough for me at this point.

I now have my uploads folder separated by username sub-folders, and my media folder only shows uploads I did. Woohoo!

Hopefully all this will be helpful too others!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.