Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Change a single filter: "Teen" should be "Youth"

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by amyE-3 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screenshot_1.jpg

I didn't build this Toolset filter and I have never used Toolset before. Attempting to use it without training I find it very unintuitive. On this site: hidden link I need to change a single filter, "Teen" to "Youth" (see screenshot). Can I have instructions? Alternatively, allow me to send the login details with admin credentials to the site.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It seems the filter you have added is custom field filter. Can you please share admin access details and let me review how its setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I see the field "audience" is setup as checkboxes but I do not see its added to any custom field group.
=> hidden link

I also noticed that there is taxonomy "category" and with t that taxonomy two terms "Adult" and "Teens" are available but the filter is added using the "audience" field.

Can you please share with what records you setup the "audience" field?

As mentioned above, I did not build this layout with Toolset and I have never used it before so I can't answer your question. All I know is that under “Audience”, “Teen” should be changed to “Youth”. Can that be done?

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please check now: hidden link

I've set the "Audience" field managed by Toolset and also set it to display with the custom field group "Resource Details":
=> hidden link

Now, when I edit the custom field group "Resource Details" I can see the field "Audience" and I changed the display value to "Youth":
=> hidden link

308519557_431584255717446_7020198157122668229_n.jpg

Thank you, but there seems to be an issue when viewing it in Safari on my iPhone. When I tap “Audience” there are no options at all available. There other drop-down menus/filters are working correctly.

I did some checking and tested additional browsers on my phone (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) and everything shows correctly there.

Then I used a virtual browser/device tool (Hoverify) to check if it works and there seems to be an issue not only on iPhones/iPad Safari but also on: Nexus 5 and Galaxy S5.

Are you able to replicate this issue? Is it fixable? It should be, I would think, since all the other filters are working correctly.

Thank you for changing the value from “Teen” to “Youth”. This browser/device issue may have nothing to do with it. I can’t be sure since I haven’t tested the filters in all browsers before.

Do you need me to log a separate/new support ticket for it? I am adding a screenshot from my iPhone 12 on Safari.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes please. As per our support policy we entertain only one question per ticket. This will help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write correct problem resolution summery.

My issue is resolved now. I will log a separate issue for the browser issue. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.