Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cell grid layout is not responsive on mobile with Avada… why?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The Grid cell in the Avada Integration is not responsive.

Solution:
This was a BUG and is solved in the latest Toolset / Integration release.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicolaK 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 11.04.24 AM.png

I am trying to: create a layout for a post-type that uses the cell grid, but it

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: it be fluid to mobile, am I doing something wrong?

Instead, I got: the screenshot attached

We have a problem here.

If we force Bootstrap over the AVADA Proprietary CSS, we break the "classic" AVADA rendering methods.

If we do not force Bootstrap, we loose Bootsrap classic responsiveness.

As you might know AVADA does not ship Bootstrap and is therefore not using it.

Might I ask, how this all behaves if you do NOT use Toolset integrations on the Site?
How does the responsiveness behave?

We might find a solution to adapt as close as possible to it, menwhile not breaking native AVADA classes.

Hi Beda,

Cool, I'm just making sure I'm not doing anything wrong in the set up to make that happen.

Without using Toolset Layouts, Avada is responsive on mobile. Here is a site that doesn't have toolset on the blog part (no feature photos on the blog, but they are responsive on other sites I have). hidden link

I thought there may be a better solution, I can always css my way out of this, I was just concerned I set up the 'fluid grid' incorrectly.

If you know of a better solution, please let me know, otherwise I'll keep on going this way. If you have no solution, we can close the ticket.

Our Developers are analysing this and hopefully, we will be able to provide a satisfying solution ASAP.

I am asking an actual version of AVADA from them so I can make some tests myself and eventually come up with a workaround meanwhile.

I am sorry to say that AVADA 5.x breaks completely the integration.

It needs a complete rewamp since the Theme changed some major class naming and so on.

I will keep you updated here on this process, but this will take a while, although our Developer is giving this a high attention.

Can you redownload our integration on the Toolset Account > Downloads page?

We updated the software.

Please let me know the results, everyything should be fine now.

Thanks for the extra effort over the weekend, the update worked great!

Layout grid is fully responsive (and better ye)t, the Avada 5 update is working now too!

Thank you!

I'm marking this as resolved, if I see any other Avada 5 update issues, I will start a new ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.