Skip Navigation

[Resolved] category pages

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jenniferG-3 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: format my category pages with toolset but not sure how to do it. I have breadcrumbs on my site, you'll see them at the top of this page: hidden link If you click on Herbaceous Plants (which is the category it is in) I want to layout that page through toolset but haven't figured out how. Please advise...

Dear jennifer,

I just tested the URL you mentioned above, I see 404 error (PAGE NOT FOUND), and can not find the link "Herbaceous Plants", please check it.

If you are going to format the archive page of term "Herbaceous Plants" with Layouts plugin, please edit the layout, click button "Change how this layout is used", Archives-> Taxonomy Archives, enable the specific taxonomy, and test again.

See our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/designing-pages-archive-templates-using-views-plugin/

Section "Layouts for Archives"

sorry, here is a page: hidden link

When I click the link "Herbaceous Plants", it is redirect me to this URL,
hidden link
It is the archive page of term "Herbaceous Plants" with Layouts plugin, I assume you are going to format this page with Layouts plugin, please try as I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/category-pages/#post-489818

this is the category page, hidden link

How do I edit it, it's not really an archive is it? Right now it pulls a layout from the theme but I want to create the template for this. I haven't used layout plugin yet, only view and types. Do I need to install layout to format this page?

figured it out after installed layouts

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.