Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't update page

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I was working on a page that has three Toolset View blocks on it. I was editing it during the day and went back to it later on in the evening. When I went back, I was having issues where the "Update" button, on initial load was enabled, would get set to disabled. I could make an edit to the page and see that WP was sending AutoSaves, but the "Update" button would remain disabled.

I was looking at everything. I could and it was determined that the Toolset Views blocks where the culprit. When the page was initially loading, and the Update button was enabled, the Toolset Views hadn't yet rendered yet. Once the Views rendered, the Update button would switch to disabled. Further confirmation was disabling the Toolset Blocks plugin and the page was editable again.

After hours of seeing what we could find, I decided to do a simple change to a View. I added something to the View description and after that was done, the Update button became available.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the following notices where the only logs I could find for this. No other JS errors or PHP errors were found. Just the following JS warnings:
wp.compose.withState is deprecated. Please use wp.element.useState instead.
wp.nux is deprecated since version 5.4. Note: wp.components.Guide can be used to show a user guide.
Button isDefault prop is deprecated since version 5.4. Please use variant="secondary" instead.

When Toolset Blocks was disabled, these warnings went away.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Richard,

This seems to be a case where the View block on your page might be corrupted.

Can you remove the view block from your page and then try to see if you can save?

If you are able to save when the view block has been removed then its a sign that there is an issue with the view. In this case i would recommend that you remake that particular view that has the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane, we have three View blocks on the page. So I would have to remove and re-add all three to try and see if this is true.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Richard,

Yes you will need to. It may not be that all 3 are having the issue, it can just be one.

So what I would do is to remove them and check if the page can be saved. Then re-add them one by one to see which one causes the update button to stop working.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.