Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't search on the word display

This support ticket is created 7 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 46 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by johanW-2 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

I got this:
[Tue Jun 28 12:05:30 2016] [error] [client 217.197.57.214] FastCGI: comm with server "/www.ctc.se" aborted: idle timeout (900 sec), referer: hidden link
[Tue Jun 28 12:05:30 2016] [error] [client 217.197.57.214] Handler for fastcgi-script returned invalid result code 1, referer: hidden link
[Tue Jun 28 12:06:34 2016] [error] [client 217.197.57.214] FastCGI: comm with server "/www.ctc.se" aborted: idle timeout (900 sec), referer: hidden link
[Tue Jun 28 12:06:34 2016] [error] [client 217.197.57.214] Handler for fastcgi-script returned invalid result code 1, referer: hidden link

Sorry, but I'm not sure what this FastCGI code means. I've found this, please take a look:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28751020/handler-for-fastcgi-script-returned-invalid-result-code

Ok, i think that we never is going to solve this problem. I will remake the search function without Toolset instead.

This is a matter of performance. Maybe there are lots of posts with title or body containing "display" word. You could make a quick search with database query on your database management platform to look for this posts, just to have an idea about this amount. Because we do use the same search system from WP, we do not add anything in the text field search.

If i search in database "wp_posts" for the word "display" I get 1283 hits
If I search in database "wp_posts" for the word "ecoair" I get 3378 hits, and the word "ecoair" works in frontend.
I can export the whole database for you, if you want that, what format do you want? txt, sql, ... ?

I searched in the whole database also. and I get 4375 hits on "display" and 5554 hits on "ecoair".
And again, if i search for "ecoair" in frontend i get 10 hits in about 1-2 sec but if i search for "display" I never get a hit and the page get blank.

Hi Johan,

If you don't mind, I will replace Adriano in this ticket because he is on vacation these days.

Please wait until I check the issue and get back to you again.

Thanks.

Hi Johan,

Thank you for your patience.

I've downloaded the duplicator package and did some tries.

I was able to make everything works well by recreating the view with the same settings.

Could you please create a new View with the same setting and add it to a test page then see if the issue exists?

I'm waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for your answer.

I tried to make a new view but that didn't helped my problem. But if I uncheck "Pages" in the "Content selection" it works fine.

Hi Johan,

This is to notify you that I and a developer is working on the issue.

I've installed your package again and found some errors and discussing them with the developer.

Please keep following this ticket and I will get back to you again.

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm back from vacations and I took the ticket back to me. Thank you for the testings, so the problem isn't related to the amount of posts, there must be a bug. Our Types developer is helping us to debug this better. Please understand that although it may seems a pretty simple issue, this is not actually, I've never seen an issue like this one. Also we couldn't reproduce the issue in local after re-creating the View. We are working on it, thank you for your understanding.

tssupp-1490.png

I'm having some problem with your duplicator package. Please check your View and confirm if you are not including the current page in the loop, it should be like the attached image.

What kind of problem du you have with the duplicator package?
I tried to mark that as your image and that did not help.

Hello,

I couldn't reproduce the issue after the view has been recreated. Anyway, could you enable credentials again? I want to check something on your view.

I will explain you why I asked you to check that checkbox. Since there is a page containing the word display in the body (view_display) I thought it was happening some kind of infinite looping in the results.

Hi Johan,

We are very sorry for the waiting time.

I've created a duplicator package of your website to use it to check the issue and passed it to the development team. please don't remove it so that they can download it.

I will get back to you once any updates take place.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.