Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't save the order of images in repeating field

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.90 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

One of my CPTs has a repeating image field to display a gallery. Recently it has become impossible to control the order of the images on some of the posts. Each time the post is saved, other than the first image, which remains in place, all of the others are completely randomised. I then discovered this only seems to happen if there are too many images. I'm not exactly sure where the limit is and if it changes, but for example 16 seems to be fine, but 20 is not! This is the order in the back end. I saw this post (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/drag-and-drop-reordering-of-repeating-image-field-not-being-saved/) but I am not using CRED. Any ideas? Thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you mean that when you have more than 20 images in backend the image repeating field order does not get saved as per the order set by you?

That is really strange. Can you please share problem URL where I can see the issue as well as admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

It could possibly server issue or something else but to ensure that:

Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?
- Do you see any difference?
- What if you comment out the custom code you mention and then try to save the post with more than 20 images?
- what is the size of total 20 images you are trying to upload?

What if you move this site to another server and check if the same issue happens or not?

I culled some unused images and got the site down to a more manageable size so I could work on a staging site. It turns out the problem was the Siteground cache plug-in! Thanks for your help Minesh 🙂

zoeS confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-05 20:19:49.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.