Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cant import XML Toolset backup file.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 10.37.07.png

I need to import the XML file from the staging site onto my live site. I am however not able to do so as the import button is greyed out. I tried the imprt file options as well as pasting the XML info.

Will provide login details

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please tell me - what file you exported and from where?

What if you try to export the latest file from your staging site and then try to import it to your desired site?

If you can not do that, can you please tell me from what staging site you want to export the Types structure , I will try to export it and then try to import it to my test site. Please share access of your staging site.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I see you are using many outdated plugin as well as you are using number of third-party plugins.

This is really strange issue. I'm not sure what causing the file upload and "Review and import" button is disabled.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Tried deactivating all the plugins and changing the theme. Still not able to import the files.

Any feedback?

Minesh
Supporter

I checked on my local test site and the button and upload file field is not disabled.

Can you please confirm that "simplexml" extension is enabled on your server.

I am going to try an alternative method of moving the staging site info over to the productions site. in order to move over the custom fields and post types...where are the located in the database?

Minesh
Supporter

Please check the following Doc that may help you:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other/

In any case please make a full backup of your database and website so in any worst case you can easily restore it.

Please note, I am not moving over a complete site. I only want to move over the relevant database tables taht will include the CPT's and custom fields I have setup in Toolset. As mentioned before in my comments I am not able to import the export created in Toolset as it is greyed out. So this is my alternative attempt in carrying over the Toolset modules and work I have done.

Minesh
Supporter

As shared - I do not experience the issue as it looks like specific to your server. With my test site the import button do not greyed out and it works as expected.

That is why I told you that have you tried to check with new site with another server or localhost? Do you see it working there?

As we do not recommend the move specific tables as it may cause side effect and due to that site will be broken.

However, all custom fields and those things will be saved within the wp_options table and posts will be saved within wp_posts table and all related postmeta will be saved within the wp_postmeta table. (this method is not recommended)

I suggest you must follow the standard way and find out why the import button is not working on your server.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.