Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't get custom slider to work

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by russellH-3 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Create a custom slider of Posts using a View block

Is there any documentation that you are following?
This video of yours: hidden link

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Probably what's in that video

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

The top headline ('Inclusive Recruitment') and the image to its right are dynamically pulled from a post, but there are several posts so I expected this to fade in/out. Here's a screengrab of my View's Pagination settings: hidden link

Anything obvious I might not be doing? Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Russell,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Based on what I see on your website, you are having some JS error in your site's console.

What I would recommend that you do here is to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and check again to see if the issue still remains.

Once you've done this and the issue is resolved then you can enable your plugins one by one while checking to see if the issue re-occurs.

Thanks,
Shane

Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 11.23.07.png

Hey Shane:

Thanks for the reply. I've tried your suggestion and turned off all but the Toolset pluginis and I'm afraid the issue persists.

I'm seeing this javaScript warning in the console (attached). Do you think this is causing the issue — some aspect of my theme has the wrong version?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Russell

Shane
Supporter

Hi Russel,

Yes I believe this is cause the issue.

If you're able to temporarily switch the theme to one of the wordpress default ones then and see if the issue remains.

Additionally does your theme include bootstrap ? If it does then toolset may also be including the Bootstrap css in which case you will need to go To Toolset->Settings and scroll to Bootstrap loading and disable it.

Please let me know if this helps. If the issue still persists please provide me with admin access to the site so that I can have a further look on this for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Russel,

Thank you for the credentials,

I took a copy of the site to do a test where I created a different post slider to see if it is an issue with the slider itself or a sitewide issue. Checking on this slider that I made on the copy I see that it works.

What i would recommend that you do is to remake your homepage slider without any customizations perhaps just starting with displaying the post titles only and check on the frontend to see if this works.

If it does then you can go ahead and continue setting back up the slider to look like the original.

Please let me know if after doing this the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane,

Yes, you're right, if I just start over then that seems to fix it. Thanks so much for looking into this, I really appreciate it. Have a good week!

Kind regards, Russell

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.