Skip Navigation

[Closed] Can’t edit pages

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

I've identified a problem in our code, it seems an issue with WP actions priority. I've shared my thoughts with the developers and I'll update this thread as soon as I hear something back.

The issue has been fixed, this will be addressed on Access new release later this week.

Adriano:

Thank you so much for working on this.

Jack

Pages-Managed-by-Access.png

I upgraded to WP 4.5 and updated all plugins. Now the user Office who has Editor permissions can edit pages, etc. – all good. User MargiAult-Duell is also an Editor but still can’t get to the admin view. Things I have tried:
Changed Margi to Author – no change
Changed Margi to Admin – she could then do everything (not safe).
Disabled Access for Pages – no better; Office then couldn’t edit pages.
Tried to add Margi as a Specific User to pages – I couldn’t find her in the list.

I could delete Margi’s profile and re-create it but I assume I would have to delete her entry in the DB too and I’m not knowledgeable in that.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be offering better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Hi Jack,

This is Mohammed from Toolset second tier support.

I want to inform you that Adriano is off today and he will get back tomorrow to follow up with you again.

Please accept pur opologies.

Thanks.

I'm back, I will take a look at this. Thank you for sharing access.

Hi Adriano:

Any updates on this one?

-Jack

I was checking your site and tried to reproduce the same thing here but I couldn't. I've applied the same rules here.

Could you try to deactivate all plugins, I have a feeling that iThemes Security is doing something.

Adriano:

I turned off all Ithemes Security settings, disabled it and renamed its plugin folder - same issue. The user Margi can see the admin menu when she is set as administrator, but not as editor. If you think it is still worthwhile for me to disable all plugins, I will probably want to set up a clone environment.

I think this is fixed now. We've revamp some actions / filters on Access and everything should be OK with default post types like pages. We will be releasing within the next weeks. Thank you for your understanding.

Adriano:

I'm so glad to hear this. Thank you so much for your help!

No problem. I'm marking as fixed on next release, hopefully we will have a release next monday.

Hi,

This is an update that we've launched a new Toolset release.

Please, backup your website and update WordPress and all Toolset plugins to the latest version then test the issue.

I'm waiting for your feedback.

Thanks.

I have WP 4.6 and updated all Toolset plugins and still have the same problem. Do you have any other ideas?

The topic ‘[Closed] Can’t edit pages’ is closed to new replies.