Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't delete fields using Custom Fields Control or on Custom Fields admin page

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by suzyo 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: shekhar.

Author

I am trying to: delete user created fields from custom fields group.

I am unable to delete fields from Custom Fields Group admin page OR from Custom Fields Control page.

In the modal dialogue asking "are you sure you want to delete this field?", I checked the box that said "do not show this dialogue again" or "do not ask me again" or whatever it was, it's the standard wordpress dialogue. That's what caused this problem.

How do I undo this?

shekhar
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Could you please try another browser and have a look at the problem?
Is the problem solved.

Please check if this issue appears when
- All non Toolset Plugins are disabled. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.

I will wait for your feedback.

Thanks

Shekar, it is an issue because I I checked the box that said "do not show this dialogue again" or "do not ask me again" or whatever it was, it's the standard WordPress dialogue. That's what caused this problem.

shekhar
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Could you please try to delete the fields using another browser as mentioned in my first reply?
Let me know if this solves the problem.

Thanks

It worked in Safari. What's the next step?

shekhar
Supporter

Hi there,

You can restart the browser, it will work fine. It's an browser function to stop repetitive alerts.

Thanks

You're the best! Thanks, Shekhar.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.