Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can’t choose Mail-Field for CRED notification

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When creating a notification in a Toolset Form, it should be possible to choose an email field from the form itself as the recipient, but it is not working.

Solution:
There was a bug that prevented an email field from being selected if it used the value attribute to set a default email address. This was fixed in Forms 2.1

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by beatR 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi

i got two Mail-Fields in a custom type and a CRED form to create a new entry for said custom type.

my goal: i want to send a notification to each email.

the first Mail-Field is filled by the customer, works, i can choose this field in cred notifications
the second is prefilled by code in the value parameter in the cred form.

the problem: i cannot choose the second email field as target in the notifications as soon as something is in value parameter. eg:
[cred_field field='anfrage-anbieter-email' post='anfrage' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
i can choose the field

[cred_field field='anfrage-anbieter-email' post='anfrage' value='hello@test.com' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
i cannot choose the field

also, i tried to trick it by emptying value parameter, setting the right field in the notification and the setting the value parameter again. doesn't work, the notification target-field is empty afterwards -.-

i probably have to do so javascript hack to make it work. so this is more of bug i think, i don't see a reason why i can't choose the field if the value-parameter is filled in the cred form.

thanks for your feedback!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I tested this myself locally and confirm the problem, the email field cannot be selected if it contains a value attribute.

That appears to be a bug and I have escalated this thread so that it can be investigated further. I'll update you hear as soon as I have anything to report.

In the meantime you could try using the CRED API and the cred_notification_recipients filter: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_notification_recipients

Great Nigel. Thanks a lot for testing it out and escalating it.

Greets!

Beat

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Beat

I'm re-opening this so I can leave it as escalated until we have a solution, and I'll let you know when we get one.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Beat

Just to let you know the developers have fixed the issue. The CRED update is currently undergoing QA testing but should be ready for release next week, please keep an eye out for the update notice and test again.

Nigel
Supporter

Hello again

It took a little longer than expected for Toolset Forms to be released after testing, but you should now be seeing an update notice, please go ahead, and let me know if you still see any problems.

Thanks.

Thank you Nigel! I will try that out.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.