Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't add more or edit existing custom fields in custom fields group

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pascalS 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:
Add more or edit existing custom fields in custom fields group. I have been looking through all of the forums and can't find a solution. This was the closest one to my issue and have updated PHP memory limits with no success.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/limts-on-number-of-fields/

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Issue is only showing in backend/admin secion

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Pascal,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I suspect that the issue here is due to PHP suhosin's variables. I would suggest looking at the article below for assistance on how to resolve this one.

hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

No Suhosin installed as far as I can see: hidden link
Any other ideas?

Using the login info I provided you can create a new group of custom fields but it eventually gets stuck again.
I had the same issue on my localhost installation and that's why I have moved to a live server, but the issue remains.

Thanks in advance

For the record, here are my php vars in php.ini

display_errors = Off
max_execution_time = 180
max_input_time = 60
max_input_vars = 3000
memory_limit = 256M
post_max_size = 64M
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74"
upload_max_filesize = 64M
zlib.output_compression = Off

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pascal,

I believe this is a server issue as your entire site is loading extremely slowly, as it takes upwards of 23 seconds to load a page as well as timeout issues.

Can you use the duplicator plugin to provide a copy of the site so that I can test this issue here locally?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Duplicator package created. When can I send it?
P.S. Migrating to a new host in the meantime.

Thanks
James

Shane
Supporter

Hi James,

You can upload the package to Google Drive or DropBox and share the link with me.

I've enabled the private fields.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Here is the Drive link: hidden link

Thanks
James

Shane
Supporter

Hi James,

After diving deeper into your duplicator package I was able to find the issue. What was stopping you from saving was the 2 file fields.
The "Birth or adoption certificate" and "Identity document" fields. The problem was that you added texts to the default values however, these default value fields are expecting a URL.

To fix this you must add your placeholder text to the Placeholder section of the fields.

This should resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.