Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot upload image

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the customer was unable to upload images to his website through his CRED form.

Solution:
The solution here is to check that your images folder has the correct permissions so that CRED is able to upload to the folder.

You can take a look at the link below for the folder permission information on wordpress.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by stephenN-2 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 11.01.34 PM.png

Dear Sir/Madam,

I cannot upload image via my CRED form, I am sure the file size does not excess the limitation, it only in 271KB, how can I troubleshoot what the error is?

I can provide the url and login if you can create a private message to me.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

I found 500 (Internal Server Error) from the Chrome inspector.

I read some thread about this issue, mainly caused by the permission or the version of PHP.

I am using the
PHP 5.4.45
MySQL 5.5.48
Toolset CRED 1.6
WordPress 4.5.1

Folder permission is default setting wp-content/uploads 755

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This issue is really quite a strange one, but from the information you provided it seems your php version is a bit outdated.

Would it be possible to contact your hosting provider and ask them to update you to at least version 5.6 ?

The reason is that this is now the new minimum requirements for wordpress and I would like to ensure that this is not the cause of the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Dear Shane,

It is not easy to have the hosting provider to update the php version as it is a shared hosting. If problem is caused by the php version, then I should not able to upload file from the WP dashboard such as plugins, themes upload also. Does CRED call a non-standard file upload function call that WordPress call?

By the way, I hope you can instruct how I can do some debug before request hosting provider to do upgrade without reason.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Kelvin,

Actually we use the php upload that wordpress uses. So it should work without issue. Seeing that you are getting an error 500 means that there could be something amiss with the server.

You can actually test this out by creating a clone of your website on another server. What you can do is to provide me with a duplicator package of the website and I can set it up on my local server to check the issue there.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

What you need to do is to create the package and then upload the zip and installer.php file to Google Drive or Dropbox and share them with me.

I'll enable the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

I'm getting a very similar error,

300kb jpg files gives me the error

Error: Files is too big, Max upload size is: 200M

Any ideas?

Stephen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.