Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot select single custom field for block

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
screenshot-toolset-vanilla.test-2019.06.09-19-07-35.png
screenshot-toolset-vanilla.test-2019.06.09-19-10-36.png
screenshot-toolset-vanilla.test-2019.06.09-19-11-08.png
screenshot-toolset-vanilla.test-2019.06.09-19-12-07.png

I'm trying to add a custom field to a block in a view loop. I have a single custom post on the site, which has 3 custom field groups - one is normal, and the other two are repeating.
I'm creating a view list item (content template) using the block editor.
When I select to add a field, none of field groups for the post are displayed and no custom fields can be selected. Post fields work fine.
Am I doing something wrong or is it broken.

This is a clean install with all latest versions of Toolset and no other plugins, running Twenty Nineteen theme on a local development server.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - you may forget here that to display the repeating field group entries you need a view.

I suggest please create a view to display repeating field group entries as suggested with the following Doc and try to resolve your issue.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/#displaying-repeatable-field-groups

Hey Minesh, I as described in my ticket - these are not repeating fields, they are just single strings. As you can see from the screen shots, there are 3 custom field groups associated with the Rentals post - two are repeating field groups, but the 3rd, the one I am talking about is not - it just contains standard custom fields.

The problem only appears on the view loop content template. I also have a content template for the single rental post that I am creating with the block editor, in this template, the custom fields are selectable in a block.

Minesh
Supporter

Ahh - Ok, I misunderstood your question. I thought the field groups having the repeating field groups are not displaying but as you acknowledge the fields with field group having normal custom fields are not displaying.

Is it possible for you to send me wp-admin access details? As I understand field group "Rental Fields" custom fields are not displaying - correct?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hey Minesh - I did mention on my original ticket that the system is on my local dev server so I cannot give you admin access. I have created a duplicator image of the site, it's 55Mb - how can I send this to you?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - you can upload it on google drive or dropbox and send the link to download the duplicator package.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

hidden link

Hey Minesh - I sent you the download link publically by mistake - send me another private request and I will send it to you privately - the above link no longer works.

Minesh
Supporter

FYI : I've just upgraded to 0.92 and it makes no difference.

As I mentioned before : The problem only appears on the view loop content template. I also have a content template for the single rental post that I am creating with the block editor, in this template, the custom fields are selectable in a block.

Fairly sure this is bug. Are you on it Minesh?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I'm on it. Can you please share wp-admin username and password.

Minesh
Supporter

It's strange that when I install the duplicator and create a new user with that user I could not able to log in. I installed duplicator two times but no luck.

Can you please send me wp-admin access details as well as exactly the problem URL where I can see the issue or exact steps to reproduce the issue.

Minesh - this is a really simple setup - I've been very explicit about what I am doing. This really looks like a bug to me - I've mentioned twice in this thread that this is a local development system. Why don't you just reproduce what I have done? A single cpt, a couple of field groups - one with repeating fields and one without. A View on the CPT and the loop created with block editor. Are the custom field groups available?

I reported this 3 days ago and I don't feel you are being very helpful here.

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry for such inconvenience but for me as I already acknowledged with the previous reply I installed duplicator two times and also created the new user but newly created user account is not working that is why I asked you to share the wp-admin access details so that I can log in to admin and proceed further.

Please share the required information and I will be happy to proceed further. In addition to that please share exact steps where I can see the issue to minimize the back and forth reply.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.