Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot save custom code snippet

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I cannot edit a custom code snippet in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code. A message is shown:
"Unforunately, this snippet cannot be edited directly. Check file permissions and wp-config.php constants DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT and DISALLOW_FILE_MODS. Alternatively, you can edit the file manually."
What should I do?

Solution: Check to see if either DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT or DISALLOW_FILE_MODS is set in your wp-config.php file. If so, define those as false. Also check your file permissions on the server to be sure WordPress can write to the /wp-content/toolset-customizations/ directory. If you can't do these, edit the file manually and use FTP to save it on the server.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by AlimB3245 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
custom-code.png

Am attaching a screenshot to show you the error.. Please check the text with the yellow highlight border on the left.. you would notice that I can't add or edit anything in the field...

Regards,
Alim

Hi Christian

I haven't received any update on this.. please do advise.

Regards,
Alim

Hello, you should check your wp-config.php file to see if either of these options are defined:

define( 'DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT', true );
define( 'DISALLOW_FILE_MODS', true );

If you see either of these, delete it. If neither is present in your wp-config.php file, you may need to get your server host involved to set file permissions on the /wp-content/toolset-customizations/ directory so that WordPress can edit it. If neither of those are possible, you can edit the file manually and use FTP to push your updates to the server.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.