Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot save CRED forms after updating to CRED 1.8 with ACF installed

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tristian 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

I have updated all Toolset plugins to new release today (Toolset 2.2 and CRED to 1.8). I have noticed I cannot save any CRED form whilst the Advanced Custom Fields Pro plugin is activated.

If I disable ACF I can immediately Save CRED forms again - once enabled again saving CRED forms does nothing.

This is obviously related to ACF Pro which I use for managing options fields and it was working before updating this morning so more likely to be an issue with CRED than the other way round as the way CRED forms are saved has been changed in this release?

I cannot leave ACF disabled and I keep losing work because it appears CRED forms are being saved when they are not...

Hi Tristian,

Could you please open the page where the issue is replicated and open the browser console and reload the page to see any errors there.

If so, please me the errors in the next reply.

Thanks.

Hi...

No errors with ACF enabled or disabled. This is all that's in the console either way:

Navigated to hidden link
load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:9

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1

Hi Tristian,

I went to that page and activated the ACF plugin and tried to save the post with no success.

As you said, there are no errors, so the problem may be with the Ajax calls, it may be a server issue or a server misconfiguration.

You didn't provide the debug information, so I don't know you server configuration.

Anyway, for such cases, it's recommended to increase the memory limit to 512M and the max input vars to 10000 and the post size to 5128 or 512 just in case.

Could you please ask your server to raise these values and test the issue?

Thanks.

Hi Mohammed,

I use WPEngine so most of this stuff is managed and I can't change - however it really doesn't look like this type of issue. As soon as the ACF is enabled it just looks like the button doesn't make any AJAX call at all. There is no spinner - the Save button just immediately goes to a disabled state and nothing happens.

I have the debug info from yesterday added to another thread (can't remember which one as there were several issues after updating) or I believe you have access to the site from previous threads so you can grab it if needed? (not sure where to post it after ticket is created).

I am sure that downloading ACF plugin from my site and enabling it will reproduce the problem as well?

Thanks

Hi Tristian,

There is an ajax action being triggered with this action "action:acf/validate_save_post".

I've consulted the development team about that and they replied that they want to investigate in it.

To report such an issue, I should test on a fresh WP installation by myself.

Could you please provide the latest ACF pro version in the next private answer?

Thanks.

Hi Tristian,

I've downloaded ACF pro and I was able t replicate the issue on a fresh WP installation.

I'm escalating this issue so that it can be checked deeply.

Thanks.

Hi Tristian,

The issue now is escalated to the development team. please wait and I will get back to you again once I get any updates.

Thanks.

Is there any update on this issue as it is a very frustrating problem. I have to try and remember prior to editing a form to disable ACF make the edits then re-enable which is not a good work around. Invariably it's causing big usability issues and I keep (frustratingly) losing changes...

Hi Tristian,

Practically, there is no update that I can share with you.

But let me update you on the issue status.

It's under testing but hasn't been approved till now.

If the provided fix is approved by our in dev testers, I will inform you about the updates immediately either by an errata or patch or even if the issue will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks.

Hi Tristian,

This is an update that the issue will be fixed in the next CRED release.

For now, please follow this Errata page instructions: https://toolset.com/errata/cred-forms-cannot-saved-acf-pro-activated/
and let me know if it solves the issue.

Thanks.

This worked - thanks for your help

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.