Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot Preview Using Access + WPML

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.44 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author

I am trying to: use Access + WPML to control which languages users have view and edit access to.

I visited this URL: below

I expected to see: below

Instead, I got: below

---

I have fully configured Access and its WPML-specific settings. It works great at restricting users to specific languages within my install. However, when Access is enabled, I am not able to Save Drafts or Preview* as a user who should have sufficient capabilities.

Happy to provide screenshots if they help, but need to do so privately because of client NDA.

* I can preview from edit.php, but not from post.php

1007.JPG

Dear john,

I can not duplicate same problem, see below test site, please correct me if there is anything missing:
1) Setup the "WPML Group" in "Access Control"
hidden link
admin user/pass xgren/111111
see screenshot 1007.jpg

2) Login with another author account:
Author user/pass: xgrentest/123456
I can save the post in draft status, and preview them in front-end.
English version:
hidden link
hidden link

Chinese version:
hidden link
hidden link

Can you duplicate same problem in above test site? thanks

Hey Luo!

Thanks for your time.

The user you gave us to replicate the issue with is an Admin user. We are not having the issue with the Admin user, just our subscriber users.

Can you add a subscriber user to the test site and I will try and replicate the issue.

Thanks,
John

I can not duplicate same problem with subscriber user role, Please check above test site:
1) Login with admin account: user/pass xgren/111111
hidden link
The user "xgrentest" is a subscriber user

2) Setup the "WPML Group" in "Access Control" for user role "subscriber "
hidden link

3) Login with another subscriber account:
user/pass: xgrentest/123456
You should be able to save the post in draft status, and preview them in front-end.
English version:
hidden link
hidden link

Chinese version:
hidden link
hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.