Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot display WooCommerce orders in a relationship with a custom post type

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Order-Connected-to-an-Appointment0.jpg
Test-Display-All-Appointments0.jpg
Display-Appointment-Order-Details0.jpg
Result-Setup-10.jpg
Result-Setup-20.jpg

Goal display WooCommerce orders that are in a relationship with a custom post type.

Issue: no orders are displayed when filtering on post relationship.

SETUP

CPT: Appointment
WooCommerce product: 'Some Product'
Post Form: 'Add an appointment' ==> Product to buy when submitting the form: 'Some Product'
Appointment and Order have a one-one relationship: appointment-order

CUSTOM CODE
When the Post Form is submitted the relationship is setup between the new Appointment and the Order:

toolset_connect_posts( 'appointment-order', $cred_post_id, $order_id );

This works: when I check Dashboard > Appointments > Appointment I see the relationship has been stored.
I can also setup the relationship from the dashboard via WooCommerce > Orders > 'My Order'.
I cannot setup the relationship from the dashboard via the CPT Dashboard > Appointment > 'My Appointment' as orders are not displayed in that relationship direction.

CUSTOM VIEW
I now want to setup a view displaying all Appointments and their RELATED orders.

SETUP 1
View 1: 'Display All Appointments'
Content Selection: 'Appointments'
Query Filter: 'Select posts with status of any.'
Loop item: [wpv-view name="appointment-order-details"]
View 2: 'Display Order Details' (slug: 'appointment-order-details')
Content Selection: 'Orders'

Result:
- displays all Appointments
- for each of the appointments: displays all orders (so the same list of ALL orders is shown for each of the appointments in the loop)

SETUP 2
Goal: display only the orders in a relationship with the order in the loop !!!

View 1: 'Display All Appointments'
Content Selection: 'Appointments'
Loop item: [wpv-view name="appointment-order-details"]
View 2: 'Display Order Details' (slug: 'appointment-order-details')
Content Selection: 'Orders'
Query Filter: 'Filter by post relationship or repeatable fields group owner'
'Select posts in a Appointments Orders relationship that are a related to the current post in the loop.' !!!

Result:
- displays all Appointments
- displays NO ORDERS !!!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It should display the related order details. It seems you have correct setup but let me first review your current setup once you pass the access details to me and then I required I will try to setup a same setup with my test site to know whats going wrong here. It seems to me the relationship here but let me first check.

Can you please share problem URL where you added the working view where it displays the order details as well as the problem URL where you added the view where its not showing the order details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

What if you share a duplicator copy of your site - that will help to to setup your site easily and save the time.

More info:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If you woant prefer duplicator, then I will go with the zips you shared to setup that manually.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I'm not sure whats going on but to get the related order ID, i've to add the following shortcode to "Custom Code" section offered by Toolset within the code snippet "get-related-app-order":
=> hidden link

add_shortcode( 'get-app-order', 'func_get_app_order' );
function func_get_app_order( $atts ) {
    return toolset_get_related_post($atts['app_id'],'appointment-order-relationship','child');
}

Then within the following view, I've called the above shortcode as:
=> hidden link

<td> [wpv-view name="appointment-order-relationship-test" ids="[get-app-order app_id='[wpv-post-id]']"]</td>

And to the view that displays the order - I've added the following filter:
=> hidden link

Bericht-ID filter
Alleen berichten omvattenmet ID's ingesteld door het View shortcode attribuut "ids" bijv. [wpv-view name="view-name" ids="1"]

You can activate the WooCommerce hidden fields from:
=> Toolset => Settings => Front-end Content Tab => Hidden Custom fields.

Please check, I've activated most of the billing fields - you can activate fields as required from this section:
- hidden link

Later, you can display the fields as within your view's loop editor.

Order price: [wpv-post-field name="_order_total"]
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.