Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can users set status from published to draft from the front end?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The question being asked here is that the user wanted to allow his customers to change their post status through the frontend using CRED.

Solution:

Unfortunately an option like this is not available in our CRED plugins.

The reason I believe is that only Admins can have access to the posts that are not published. Regular users wouldn't have access to these posts normally because they wouldn't have access to the backend to view them.

Any solution for this would have to be a custom one.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by daveG-7 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

It's a great feature to allow front-end users to delete their own posts with [cred_delete_post_link]. I was wondering if there was any similar way for front-end users to change the status of their posts from Draft to Publish and back again (disabling or enabling their posts). Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately an option like this is not available in our CRED plugins.

The reason I believe is that only Admins can have access to the posts that are not published. Regular users wouldn't have access to these posts normally because they wouldn't have access tot he backend to view them.

Any solution for this would have to be a custom one.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok, thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.