Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can I?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Can I use Toolset to build a site with multiple categories / trades (see hidden link), searchable by city state and zip codes? And does it work with Divi. I just want to know before I spend a lot of time?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Short answer: Yes, you can. Please check our demo sites in our demo platform https://discover-wp.com/
Especially the real estate example.

Long answer: Yes. But some requirements may not be as easy as it seems. For example, the real estate demo site, provides an example of a search using the state and city, but those are custom post types, and they won't be added by default. The administrator needs to add them.

Toolset Maps provide geolocation search, you can use it to search for state, city, or zip code. But, you should test it to see if it will provide the exact use case you want to implement.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your support Jamal. Can you please further elaborate what you mean by "The administrator needs to add them" referring to adding a search tool. Are there specific instructions for adding a search tool?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Well, I meant that the city and state won't be generated automatically, for example using Toolset Maps. They are also posts that need to be created by the administrator of the site, they won't be created by the users unless you use specific forms for them.

Adding search is straightforward. What's important is the data that will be searched in, the search tool comes then easily.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.