Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can I use the Category Builder included in the Extra Theme with Toolset views

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidC-50 3 years, 7 months ago.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I am trying to add a Toolset view for a custom content type to a Category Layout via the Category Builder included with the Extra Theme. I cannot determine if this is possible, and if so, how to do it. Basically, I want to add a block of the most recent posts of a custom content type to the front page and category pages.

Is there any documentation that you are following? https://toolset.com/2020/01/how-to-build-advanced-sites-with-toolset-and-divi/

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I'm not sure whether it is possible, I think you would need to try it and see.

I don't know how the layouts from your theme work, but I expect you should be able to insert shortcodes in some text module.

So you could create the View you want to add to those layouts and then insert the View using the wpv-view shortcode (https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-view).

So that would mean inserting it like so (depending on the name of your View):

[wpv-view name="Recent custom posts"]

It seems to work in some cases but not others.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.