Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can I set several fields in a single date filter form of an archive view ?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to know if I can set more than one option in a single Post Date Query Filter.

Solution: Yes, you can combine options like Year, Month, and Day in a single Post Date Query Filter.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-query-by-date/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.11 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patriceB-2 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,

My question is about the date filter form: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-query-by-date/

I can see several fields on the form: year, month, day, ...
Can I set values to several of these fields, or just one is required ? For instance year=2018, month=9.

(I know I can combine any filter fields by creating more date filter forms, but my question is about a single form).

Hi, yes it is possible to include values for one or more of these options. Note that the month number for September is 10, not 9. 9 represents August. If you tell me more about what you would like to accomplish, I can give more detailed advice.

Thanks.

I'm aware that I can combine two Query Filters.

But on one single Query Filter, can I use both year and month ? (or mix any of the 9 fields available)

Sorry, I think my response was unclear so let me update it above. It is indeed possible to include values for one or more of the date period options in a single filter. If the single filter does not seem to be working as expected, I will need to know more about what you're trying to accomplish, and probably see the entire View editor screen to see how you have the View configured. You can provide screenshots or login credentials in the private reply fields here.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.