Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can I populate a form drop down with posts that have a specific field value?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by joshH 4 years, 1 month ago.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a custom post type called "Team Members". I'd like to be able to promote certain team members to "Facilitators". I have a custom field in my custom post called "Is Facilitator". I've also got a field called "Level", which by default is set to "t" (for team member). When somebody is promoted to a facilitator, I have a form that changes the field from "t" (team member) to" f" (facilitator). I've got another field that is "Is Facilitator" that is set to "no" by default. I've set up a form that I can pass the candidate to and change the value from "no" for "Is Facilitator" to "yes".

Once the facilitator has been approved, I'd like to have a drop down in a different form that I can assign a facilitator to a game that has custom post type "Team Member" where "Is Facilitator" value is equal to "yes". I've seen tutorials on how to populate a drop down with all posts of a certain type, but I'm looking to filter posts by the value of "Is Facilitator" == "True".

Is this something Toolset can do?
I'm not sure.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Couldn't find anything this specific.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

I need to better clarify my issue before asking for assistance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.