Skip Navigation

[Closed] Can I make a View using a Custom Field?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Can I make a View using a Custom Field?

hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

What do you mean by that?

Views query the database for Posts (although legacy Views can display users or taxonomy terms, too).

You can filter which posts are returned based upon some custom field condition (e.g. only return to-do task posts that have a priority custom field value of high).

Can you clarify what you mean?

Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 4.33.15 PM.png

Hi Nigel. I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm self-taught and only know so much.

I've made views from taxonomies - [wpv-view name="search-vacation-houses-by-regions"]

But can I make one using a custom field?

Thank you.

Should I just change these custom fields to taxonomies?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Sorry but still your requirement is not clear.

Do you mean that you have a custom filed and you want to add that custom filter as a frontend filter so that user can filter the results on frontend using that custom field - is that correct? If not, can you please share more details about your issue, maybe few screenshot will help us to understand your issue.

Still here, just got back from 2 days in the hospital. Please keep this open, thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Ok fine - please get in touch with me when you can. Just changing the ticket status.

view-example.jpg

I've made search pages based on a View. The View specifies a post type.

I want to know if it is possible to do the same thing by having the View specify a custom field.

Minesh
Supporter

Basically, you can create view that should set to query post type, taxonomies and users.

Now, as you have post type view, you can add custom field filters so that you can filter the results. For instance, lets say you have post type "Student" and you have custom field that holds the country name which student belongs to. Then you can add custom field filter for the country name and you and filter the student posts for specific country. Is that you mean or you have different requirement.

The topic ‘[Closed] Can I make a View using a Custom Field?’ is closed to new replies.