Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cache Views with Views Elementor widget

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

How do I know if views are cached, when Im using the elementor views widgets? They load view admin ajax and take 6-10 seconds to load.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Toolset Block do not cache at backend. Toolset Block view uses the dynamic sources using which block view so it depends how many blocks you added within your view and there could possibly that number of requests to server:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/dynamic-sources-in-popular-blocks/#toolset

What if you try to increase memory for your backend: Add following line to your wp-config.php file.

define('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT','512M');

More info:
- hidden link

How do we cache views with the Elementor Tooslet Views Widget?

its not a resources issue. And its no guttenberg blocks!

Minesh
Supporter

Please acknowledge that the output for the view is only cached on the front end.

However- there is no option with Elementor view widget to control the caching.

So, the workaround would be you should try to add shortcode module or text module and add the view's shortcode:

[wpv-view name="your-view-slug" cached="off"]   /// turn off the view cache

[wpv-view name="your-view-slug"] /// by default cache is on 

More info:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#vf-154377

Please check the following Doc:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/how-to-use-views-parametric-search-on-large-sites/
[Section: "Cache is automatically turned off for Views when:"]

So, are elementor Toolsest Views cached?

How do views get told to purge and update their cache?

Minesh
Supporter

So, are elementor Toolsest Views cached?
=========>
I've created the following sandbox site and you can auto-login to it using the following link:
- hidden link

I've created the block view on the following page that lists all book posts of post type Books:
- hidden link

I've created the following page:
- hidden link

The page content is set to use Elementor template and this is the Elementor template used:
- hidden link

On frontend I can see it does display five book posts - one per page:
- hidden link

But checking on view's listing page - I do not see the view is cached - it shows message "Not cached":
- hidden link

Theoretically - by default view output should be cached but it does not seems to be the case when using Elementor view widget as per the basic testing. Not sure if it cache the result after sometime or any other scenario.

How do views get told to purge and update their cache?
=====>
To purge the view cache - you should just go to view's listing page on your site:
- hidden link

and click on button "Clean Cache" available in the column "Frontend output cache". Please check the following screenshot: hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.