Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Button or key shortcut format html in views

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Juan 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author

I am trying to:
Format HTML with a button or key shortcute like [alt+shift+f] (microsoft visual code has this feature) in views editor.

I visited this URL:
Example what i mean: hidden link

I expected to see:
Simple button or key shortcute so my html in the view editor automatic formats with tabs etc.
Or just something else so the html in views look cleaner now some code takes 3/4 lines, its sometimes very confusing.

Instead, I got:
/

We do not have such feature in Views, but we use CodeMirror.

This allows you to indent HTML automatically by simply use return.

1. Insert any HTML, write, hit return
2. The Cursor will be now placed at the logical position of HTML, using a 2 spaces indent
3. When you close tags (HTML) they will be also reordered so the alignement matches with the opening ones.

ShortCodes are not using this as no HTML editor recognizes them as HTML.

Does this help?

Anyway, your ticket is filed as a request and as per such it should be handled by our Developers.
Somehow the ticket was not assigned directly to them, so I will now reassign it to Juan.

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there

Thanks for the fedback.

Views uses CodeMirror as its editor, for syntax highlighting. CodeMirror indeed includes a shortcut for HTML formtting: Shift+Tab will add indenting to your HTML structure:
hidden link

Hope it helps.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.