Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Bug: The plugin ignores 'orderby_as_ setting for some custom fields

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Juan 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author

Hello, Thank you for developing this helpful plugin, In some cases the plugin ignores the "orderby_as" setting in the view, which seems like a bug, I spent my day trying to found the reason of this behavior.

from what I had found, the plugin ignores the "orderby_as" setting when the Custom Field is registered from other plugins, the function WPV_Sorting_Embedded::set_post_view_sorting() is ignoring the "orderby_as" setting when there is no result from wpv_is_types_custom_field() function, and that's doesn't make sense.

The ZIP attachments are not allowed here, so I tried to upload the files by using 3rd party services. The ZIP file contents a modified file from the version 2.1 and a .patch file to show the changes.

hidden link

Please, tell me if there is any way send PRs or other ways to contribute to the code.

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Boris

Thanks for the feedback.

Ups, you are right! This is indeed a bug. Let me fix it internally and we will publish an errata containing a patch for this as soon as posible.

Very good catch, thanks again 🙂

Regards.

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Boris

We finally fixed this issue in our development branch. On the meantime, we published an errata with a patch that you can use if you want:
https://toolset.com/errata/sorting-view-field-managed-number-not-working/

Thanks again for catching this.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.