Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Bootstrap 4 elements

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 4 years, 6 months ago.

Author
bs-tools.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?

In previous versions of types/views with Bootstrap 3, there were Bootstrap elements that I could add to any post or page by using a Bootstrap button in the editor toolbar (by copying the code from the bootstrap site). This was EXTREMELY useful when building content templates or views, or just adding elements to posts/pages. See screenshot.

Now, using a Bootstrap 4 theme and Gutenberg, I do not see any Bootstrap elements that I can add except for grid in content template or Views. I tried having Views load Bootstrap, but that did not help.

Were these tools only available in the classic editor? How can I easily add Bootstrap 4 elements to Gutenberg posts/pages? Do I need to revert everything to previous versions and use the classic editor to regain this functionality?

As far I know those where removed, yes.

I will confirm this with the developers, and update you here about eventual plans.

Gutenberg is all about visual editing, so I don't think there are plans to add that to Gutenberg, but its also not within raw edited Content Templates or posts anymore, so I will need to confirm first.

I (or another supporter) will update you here about this eventually next Monday, as it's weekend.

If you plan to use Gutenberg, you want to mix in as less manual HTML as possible, but if you do, you can always use a Classic Block and insert HTML, or HTML blocks, and insert the HTML there. There also Boostrap will work, but the hints are not there.

I personally suggest however if you plan to use Bootstrap heavily (templating with it), not to use Gutenberg, and vs.
It kind of defeats the purpose of manual coding vs. "see what you do" drag and drop eating as Gutenberg strives to be.

If you need only small changes, then you can use a HTML block in it, that will not be an issue, however if you plan large HTML templates with Bootstrap, I rather suggest creating them in other apps like Layouts or even Pinegrow and use them in mostly raw (custom) themes or templates.

This is of course my personal approach only, it will not be any issue if you mix both.

Thank you for your patience.

I can confirm those where removed on purpose.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.