Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Bootstrap 3 loading although use Bootstrap 4 is activated in Toolset settings

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
toolset screenshot.jpg

I am using Bootstrap 4 on my site.
In the tooslet settings i activated Toolset is laoding Boostrap 4.
But the site is stil loading Bootstrap 3 css...

This is what i see in the source code. >> See attached image

I am using the Astra Theme which is not loading any Boostrap.
Can you help?
Thanks in advance
Hannes

Okay that's unusual, but it could be the result of a conflict with another plugin. Can you please try this:
- Temporarily switch to the parent Astra theme instead of a child theme
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Toolset and WPML plugins
- Temporarily deactivate any custom code snippets in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code
- Test again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your child theme and other plugins one by one testing each time until the problem returns. If the problem is not resolved, I'll need to take a closer look.

Thanks for your answer, Christian.
I tried to deactivate the plugins before - didn´t help.
But to activate the parent Astra and not the child theme helped. And now i am totally confused... Bootstrap 3 is not loaded via functions in child theme or anything else.... Do you have any ideas where i should look for the code?

Thanks Hannes

Ok.
Did some more testing.
All Plugins (including toolset) deactivated and child-theme active: bootstrap 3 - no / bootstrap 4 - no
Toolset Types activated and child theme activated: bootstrap 3 - yes / bootstrap 4 - yes
Toolset Types activated and parent Astra theme activated: bootstrap 3 - no / bootstrap 4 - yes
All Plugins (excluding toolset) activated and child-theme active: bootstrap 3 - no / bootstrap 4 - no
All Plugins (excluding toolset) activated and parent Astra-theme active: bootstrap 3 - no / bootstrap 4 - no

Just found a workaround - deleted all styles in that css file. But still i would like to know why the file is loaded. Hope you can help

Would it be possible for me to take a look at your child theme files? Please post a zip archive somewhere online and provide a download link for me. I'll try to install it locally and see if the same problem occurs.

Hi Christian,
yes of course. No problem. Private reply?

You can share a download link privately here in the forums. All URLs are obfuscated for your privacy. Or you can use the private reply fields here.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.