Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Book Reading Project

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Concept of the project is reading books/novels online

Current Setup:
Book CPT: Books (Assuming as Cover Page) to display in archive page
Chapters CPT: Creating post & treated as chapters & every chapters connected with specific Books

Need suggestions whether I am in right direction or we can do even more better with toolset conceptual

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Well, I can't really tell any suggestions. Can you elaborate more on what features you will be offering? Provide as many details as possible.

Concept: It is online book reading feature.

I have created 2 custom post type i.e books & chapters
books will serve as cover page(index page to navigate chapters) & chapters will be linked to specific books

Since my project is in my regional language Tamil so you wont get a clear idea, so I am sending the reference site which is similar to my project

hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

In that case, I would say yes. Books and Chapters will be linked in a one-to-many relationship. Chapters will need a number field to be used as the chapter's number(ordering).

On the book's content template, create a view to display chapters. This view needs to activate pagination and will query the chapters that are connected to this book. Each page will display only one chapter, so you can get the next chapter/page navigation buttons.

Thank you for the reply

I have done the same & it is already on my live website

Hope I am in right direction

but I fear finding the chapters in back-end if many books get updated

Jamal
Supporter

Well, finding the chapter may be a tedious task if too many books/chapters are created. But, because the chapters are linked(One-to-many relationship) to the book, you can access them from the book's page. You can also choose to name the chapters with the book's title too.

Anyway, if you encounter such issues, let me know and allow me temporary access to your website to check it closely, and I am sure we'll find out a solution.

As of now, if you believe that your initial question was answered, I kindly ask you to mark this ticket as resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.