Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Blog post not showing in Toolset view

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have added a new blog and it is not showing in the view and when I click on the Author no related posts are found even though the Author does have posts

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Affected blogs -
hidden link (this appears on the page but not if I click on the search for the author "DB Watson"

AND

hidden link (this is not appearing in the view or when you search the Author "DB Watson"

I've no idea why this is not working. Please can you help?

The view can be found here
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I first searched with "watson" on the /blog/ page and I got the two posts in results, but the search did not work for me again, only the first time. On the other hand, if I filtered for the author "Guest", I get the posts, check this screenshot hidden link
And if I filtered with DB Watson, I don't get any results hidden link

If, I followed the link of some authors I get redirected to a Team post page. For example, this link hidden link redirects to hidden link

But, for DB Watson articles it does not, the link is hidden link

So, it seems to me that the posts are not actually assigned to DB Watson, instead, they are assigned to the Guest who should have this URL hidden link and which redirects to hidden link
Check both posts and make sure that the author is DB Watson instead of Guest.

Can you shed some lights about these redirections from the authors archives to the Team post type, or to the "our team" page? Is it done by a plugin or custom code?
Would you allow me temporary access to check this closely? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Lucy and thank you for the credentials. I believe there are several issues that causes the posts of DB Watson to no appear on the results.

One of the post is actually assigned to the Guest author. Check this screenshot hidden link
hidden link

The other issue is the date query filter on the view, while the field is not enabled for the custom post type. One of the field groups (All Post field) was disabled. hidden link

After enabling it, it turned out that both posts were not having a value for the field. Check this screenshot hidden link
If you set values for the date field, the view will work as expected.

Finally, I must say that searching with the term "watson" won't return the posts. I previously suspected that you are using Relevanssi plugin which can search within taxonomy terms. But, that's not the case. The text search will be performed only against the post's title and content.

If this does not help, let me know what dates you want to use for those two posts and I'll check it again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.