Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Blocks Not Displaying?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by aaronM-9 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Archive-Editor.PNG
Archive-List.PNG
Plugins-Activated.PNG

I would like to create an archive using the blocks editor but it does not seem to give me the same options that I see in your tutorial videos. I also noticed that even though I have "let me choose between classic and blocks editor" that the Views editor is always the classic editor as well.

Attached please find screenshots. Thanks.

- Aaron

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

If you have chosen in the settings to show both legacy and block interfaces, you also need to specify which editor to use for templates and archives (screenshot). Are they set to use the block editor?

As for Views, if you go to Toolset > Views and add a View it will be with the legacy editor. If you want to use the block editor add a View block to a page (or template).

Hi Nigel,

I don't think your screenshot got attached but, in my settings, the editors to use for archives as well as content templates are both set to the block editor, so I'm not sure why the block editor doesn't seem to be coming up for archives.

For Views, do you mean that you need to create the view from inside the content template (i.e. you can't create the view in the "Views" page)? Thanks.

- Aaron

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Aaron,

One of the most common reasons for the archive not displaying with the block editor is if you have a plugin/theme that forcibly enables the classic editor.

As a test I would suggest switching to a default wordpress theme as well as to temporarily disable all the non-toolset plugins and try again.

Once you've done this please let me know the results.

Thanks,
Shane

It turns out the "Classic Editor" plugin was causing the problem. I enabled the option that allows users to choose classic vs block and I can now edit using blocks. Thanks.

- Aaron

cannot-edit-view.png

Okay, I've tried adding a view through in a content template but it was impossible to edit in a 25% column so I added it to blank content template (also tried doing in a page). I do not see ANY way to edit this view. See screenshot.

I was able to fix the issue by recreating the view. However, I have one more problem with the Block editor. It appears you cannot detach the search filters from the main view (which you CAN do with the legacy builder). Is there no way to separate the search filters from the main view when adding the view to a Content Template if it was created in with the Block editor?

- Aaron

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Aaron,

You can do it. Take a look at the documentation regarding this one below.
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-custom-search/#display-the-search-box-and-search-results-side-by-side

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-custom-search/#display-the-search-box-and-search-results-on-different-pages

Please let me know if these documents were able to assist you.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.