Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Big performance problem with Toolset in combination with WPML

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Eric De Paep 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi Shane,

I'm using Toolset with the Starter theme and WPML. I have 3 languages, 2 custom post types and 3 views. Nothing very special but nevertheless my pages take way too long to load. In some cases, I've noticed more than 10 seconds load time. I don't use a caching plugin yet but there is Varnish on the server.

The site is still under development so you need to login to test it out but I briefly unlocked the site to run a Pingdom speed test. Here are the results:

The web page took 5.25 s to load, used 86 requests (this is a lot), and weighed in at 1.2 MB.
There’s a ton of more information you can check out here: hidden link

Any idea what I can do to speed it up?

Thanks

Do you have a custom Size Image displayed in the Views, and are those Views accidentally present in the slow pages?

If so, it's expected, and you should switch to a pre-defined Image size when inserting the ShortCodes for that Image.

If this is not the case please proceed like this:
- disable one plugin a time and check the performance again.
- if nothing changes, also switch Theme and test again.

Your front end loads fairly fast.
Can you pin point me also to a specific page where the issue is visible?

Hi Beda,

The images are all optimized and scaled to 640x480 so I don't think this is the problem.

I disabled all front-end plugins one by one. Disabling WPML brings a small performance increase but I can't do without it.

I also switched themes but performances are quite similar. But it appears using Toolset Starter doesn't give me a boost compared to a heavier theme like Divi.

It's strange that even pages where there are no views implemented, are too slow in my opinion. There are no big differences in load time between the pages.

Thanks

I'm closing this ticket until the site is live so I can better test it out and search for solutions.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.