Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Beaver Builder loads with default template not giving me full page control

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 11.06.52 AM.png

When I launch Beaver Builder from the Toolset dashboard, I get a page with a sidebar and post title that I can't delete. How do I get rid of the sidebar and Post Title, I would like full control over the page.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can login into your website and see the problem.
I assume we are talking about this URL:
hidden link

The "content template" of Toolset Views plugin works only in post content area, those sidebar and post title are outputted from your theme file.

I suggest you try these:
1) Copy theme file "single.php" of parent theme "Beaver Builder Theme", save it in the child theme folder using file name "single-dealer-locators.php"
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#single-post

2) Edit above theme file "single-dealer-locators.php", find and remove the sidebar and post title, and test again.

Thanks. I removed the sidebar but can't delete the the title. Below is the code for my "single-dealer-locators.php" page

<?php get_header(); ?>

<div class="container">
<div class="row">

<div class="fl-content">
<?php
if ( have_posts() ) :
while ( have_posts() ) :
the_post();
get_template_part( 'content', 'single' );
endwhile;
endif;
?>
</div>

</div>
</div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

As you can see there is one line in your codes:
get_template_part( 'content', 'single' );

It will load theme file "content-single.php", so you can copy theme file "content-single.php" from parent theme folder "Beaver Builder Theme", save it in the child theme folder using same file name "content-single.php", and edit it, remove the post title:
<?php the_title(); ?>

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.