Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Classifieds Reference Site

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I have a copy of the Reference Site "Classifieds" and want to use another Theme.
Can I do that?

Solution:
Yes, you can do that.
Just make sure to keep the Plugin "Classifieds" active and to not change the View^'s Names and settings.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/basic-questions-and-help/#post-554164

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by derekK 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi Guys.

Thank you for such amazing software. I had a few basic questions and wanted to re-check them with you.

I have a clean toolset demo site and now understand the basics. I would live to move this to a theme (Bridge) that uses Visual Composer .. but Bridge and any of the Visual Composer built themes are in the supported themes list or the next list for 2.02 compatibility (Looks like Divi, Avada, 2017 etc are the key themes)

I would like to move to bridge but be able to keep using the toolset classifieds components that were built in the demo site. If not bridge then a similar VC theme as VC has so much extensibility

Is there any Visual Composer themes Toolset will be / is compatible with?

2. Will toolset all me to add fields via ACF Pro (specifically, Geolocation fields . . or is there a geolocation field that is fully featured in toolset

3. Will toolset allow search via FacetWP or is that also reduntanct and best to use your own search. Is there a toolset proximity search?

4. Is there developers and contractors we can use for toolset work?

That was all! Thank you for such a fully featured product

1. Theoretically, Toolset is compatible with every Theme and Plugin that follows WordPress coding Standards:
https://toolset.com/home/compatibility-toolset-plugins-themes/

This is also valid for the Reference Sites.

Now, the Classifieds Site is a special kind of baby, that one 😀

You need to know that the Classifieds Site uses at least one "hidden" plugin, namely the "Classifieds Plugin".
To have all the features of that Reference Site working, that plugin is a MUST.

The theme can be changed.

What is also to take into account that especially the Messaging system of the classifieds Site uses Custom Code.
That custom code is adapting Views to specific kind of output.

It is a Custom code that meanwhile counts as deprecated, as Views is not built for the purpose it is used on the classifieds site.

It is the only Reference site with these "issues".

I just let you know this so you are aware of eventual surprises, in case a Supporter here tells you "this is not supported".
Then let him/her know, that you talk about the classifieds site, where we assist debug since we produced the site ourselves for reference.

Hence, short answer, yes you can use any other Theme.

2. You can of course add Fields with ACF - but there might be issues later with display (not sure if ACF provides a ShortCode GUI) and Custom Search...
Toolset provides you a Google Address Field.
That is basically what you need:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/#toolset-maps

3. FacetWP is IMHO redundant, as you bought Toolset to exactly do that:
Create Custom Content and Search thru it.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/

I do not know if Types data will be compatible with FacetWP but, if they follow standards, it will.

There is no proximity search yet. We plan thou to add a radius search with the Maps feature.

4. In case you need custom programming work which is beyond the scope of our support, I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

You are of course also always welcome to consult us here, for Toolset how to's, BUG reports, and even API programming questions (related to Toolset API, of course).
Let me shortly explain this:
- The Toolset API provides wrappers (hooks) that hook in, at given moments of a process, be it Views, CRED or whatever else.
- The Code WITHIN that hook, is of course Custom PHP and based on the WordPress API.

We can hence not code a full custom function for you. But we can tell you, what hook to use when and where, and we can analyse why certain code does not work (to a certain, limited extent).

Let me know if you have more questions!

For more specific issues, please always open one ticket each issue, that grants fast and detailed help 😉

Your support and advice is seriously awesome. I still have no idea what Im doing but at least Im doing it with awesome guidance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.