Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Backslash added to fields with apostrophe after the last update

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
After the last update, every Toolset form adds a backslash before every apostrophe in the form fields after saving.

Solution:
It was a bug introduced on that version and was fixed in the next release.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Valeriia 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hello,

After the last update, every Toolset form adds a backslash before every apostrophe in the form fields after saving.

Can you please check and fix it, if it's on your side indeed?

Thank you

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I was able to reproduce this issue with a single-line field. Does this happen for another type of field too?

In the meantime, I'll escalate this single line field issue to our 2nd Tier, and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Jamal,

I teste it on a textarea and it seems to be working fine. So the issue is only with a single line field.

Thanks.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. This bug is now escalated to the developers. I'll get back to you as soon as we have something to share. In the meantime, please revert back Toolset Forms to the previous version.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello again!

We have published a new version of Toolset plugins today. They contain the fix for this issue. Please make a full backup before trying it on your live site. I recommend that you test it on a staging site first.

Let me know what you will get.

Hi Jamal,

Thanks, it works fine now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.