Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Backend layout/functionality

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Backend layout/functionality - change how custom field displays on post add/edit screens

Solution:
I'm afraid that there in no such way to customize the custom fields as per the screenshot you shared and its even in backend.

It purely requires custom programming in backend to display such layout to edit custom fields.

If you need custom programming for your project, you may would like to contact our certified partners:
=> https://toolset.com/contractors/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicoleR-3 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
pedigree-example-3.jpg
pedigree-example-2.jpg
pedigree-current.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am curious if there is any way to customize the custom fields in the backend to form a table for a lineage chart like in the attached examples, that would make it much easier for the client to enter the information. We are currently doing it as you can see in the screenshot titled "pedigree-current.jpg" but it's really kind of confusing. The other two screenshots are examples of custom programming that have been done for other people.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
See attached screenshots

What is the link to your site?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I'm afraid that there in no such way to customize the custom fields as per the screenshot you shared and its even in backend.

It purely requires custom programming in backend to display such layout to edit custom fields.

If you need custom programming for your project, you may would like to contact our certified partners:
=> https://toolset.com/contractors/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.