Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Avada 5.0 compatibility

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi I activated Toolset Integration in Avada 5.0 but any page or post I create shows a blank screen when trying to access it.

Is Toolset compatible with the new Avada 5.0 or am I doing something wrong? Are there known issues?

(I'm trying on a local server at home (Nginx + php7.0 + mariadb) so can not send you a link of the site)

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Huibert

I've just requested a version of Avada 5.0 for testing and when I have it I will investigate further and let you know what I find.

Thanks for your patience.

I am having a very similar problem. Avada 5.0 and any custom post single page is not showing, complete white screen, not even the admin bar. Also, there appears to be a conflict with Fusion PageBuilder which is now unbundled from Avada. When active, for example it is not possible to insert custom fields in views or to create a user form.

So am I. Need also some extra video's / tutorials. I can make a content template but layout fails. hopefully works very soon 🙂

I am also having issues after updating the Avada theme to 5.0. It seems the toolset Avada Integration plugin is not compatible with the new theme version. I am getting the fatal error below on all pages of my site;
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Avada::c_pageID() in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts-avada/application/theme/view/header.php on line 49

Nigel
Supporter

I was able to reproduce several of these errors once updating to Avada 5.0.

It appears that the changes in version 5.0 are fairly substantial and I have escalated this thread so our compatibility team can investigate further and update the integration plugin as required.

I will keep you posted of any developments, but in the meantime you will only be able to use Layouts with Avada 4.x

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Nigel, thanks for your reply. Problem is mostly with single-cpt.php (it uses blog template) and building layouts does not work. Are you close with Avada development or not? I am beta for Avada...

Tested integration for Avada on Avada 4.0.3 and that works well.

It would be awesom if I can add fields via shortcode in my template using the fusion builder.

Thx for the updates. Once you have sorted out what needs to be done, could you please provide a time line for an expected fix?

In the mean time, it might be prudent to mention on your product pages that the current Avada integration plugin is compatible up to Avada version 4.x and that integration for version 5.x is currently under development 🙂

Yes, a timeline would be helpful if at all possible. Recently purchased Toolset to use with Avada for a site I started building as soon as Avada 5.0 was released.

Nigel
Supporter

We have this week pushed out an update to the Avada integration plugin to address some of the most critical issues that were stopping Layouts working at all with Avada 5.x.

If you haven't seen an update notice on your plugins page you can download the latest version from your accounts downloads page: wp-types.com/my-account/downloads

Please note that this is an interim update for the most critical issues. The changes required for compatibility with Avada 5.0 are incomplete, and a further update will be published in due course when the remaining issues have been resolved.

Again, thank you all for you patience.

Saying compatibility with Avada 5.0 is incomplete makes it sound like it would be a really bad idea to start on a new site with Avada 5.0 and Layouts at this time. Is there a list of known compatibility issues that still need to be resolved?

Nigel
Supporter

David

The two issues that I'm aware of are that CRED is not working at all with Avada 5.0, and the above-mentioned issue of inserting custom fields in views. There may be others still to be reported as more users try Avada 5.0 now that it is possible to use it at all with this current update.

We have a resolution for the CRED issue but it requires updating too many files to push out a hotfix and will be solved with the next CRED update.

Nigel
Supporter

I'm reviewing my escalated threads and I see that this is still outstanding.

I'm afraid I have nothing to report, but wanted to let you know that, in case you were waiting for news.

An errata was published (here: https://toolset.com/errata/unable-to-insert-custom-fields-or-create-user-forms-with-fusion-builder/) to the effect that fixing the issue requires quite a few changes to our core code to accommodate, which is likely to take some time.

I wouldn't want you to have the impression that a fix is around the corner if you are thinking of using it in any projects, because at the moment I cannot say how long the solution will take.

Thanks for your continuing patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.