Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Automatically log-in after user is created

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lara 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
1. Create new user through CRED form
2. Automatically log-in after the CRED form is submitted

TOOLSET SETTINGS

/**
* Auto-login new CRED user
*/
add_action( 'cred_save_data', 'tssupp_cred_autologin', 10, 2 );

function tssupp_cred_autologin( $post_id, $form_data ){

if ( 8377 == $form_data['id'] ) { // Edit as required
if ( !empty( $_REQUEST['user_email'] ) && !empty( $_REQUEST['user_pass'] ) ) {

// get the user credentials from the $_POST object
$user = array(
'user_login' => substr( $_REQUEST['user_email'], 0, strpos( $_REQUEST['user_email'], "@")),
'user_password' => $_REQUEST['user_pass'],
'remember' => true
);
$login = wp_signon( $user, false );

if ( is_wp_error($login) ) {
error_log( $login->get_error_message() );
}

}
}
}

CODE USER CREATION CRED FORM

[creduserform]
[cred_field field='form_messages' class='alert alert-warning']

[cred_field field='first_name' class='cuteberry-register-inputfield' placeholder='Vorname' output='bootstrap']

[cred_field field='last_name' class='cuteberry-register-inputfield' placeholder='Nachname' output='bootstrap']

[cred_field field='user_email' class='cuteberry-register-inputfield' placeholder='E-Mail' output='bootstrap']

[cred_field field='telefonnummer-benutzer' force_type='field' class='cuteberry-register-inputfield' output='bootstrap']

[cred_field field='strase-des-benutzers' force_type='field' class='cuteberry-register-inputfield' output='bootstrap']

[cred_field field='hasunummer-des-benutzers' force_type='field' class='cuteberry-register-inputfield' output='bootstrap']

[cred_field field='postleitzahl-des-benutzers' force_type='field' class='cuteberry-register-inputfield' output='bootstrap']

[cred_field field='stadt-des-benutzers' force_type='field' class='cuteberry-register-inputfield' output='bootstrap']

[cred_field field='user_pass' class='cuteberry-register-inputfield' output='bootstrap']

[cred_field field='recaptcha' class='' output='bootstrap']

[cred_field field='form_submit' output='bootstrap' value='Registrieren' class='cutberry-registrieren-button-blau']
[/creduserform]

Additionally I made sure, that the passwort is not auto-generated. Username and Nickname are auto-generated. I feel like, that there is a little bug somewhere and I can't see it.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/autologin-after-user-registration-not-working/
I tried some of the other documentations regarding this topic, too - without success.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
In the documentation

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Lara,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website as well as a link to the page where the form is so that I can have a look to see why its not allowing you to auto log in ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Lara,

The code actually works. The problem was that you didn't activate it.

Your users should now be logged in after they have registered on your form.

Thanks,
Shane

Many thanks Shane 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.