Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Author Archive Redirecting to Home Page

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by davidM-44 4 years, 5 months ago.

Author

I have created a Worpress Archive for Author. When I hover over the link, I see that the URL is pointing to "hidden link". However, the moment I click on the link, the page is redirected to the Home page.

I have no explicit redirects set anywhere. I have double-checked my .htaccess file, and it doesn't contain anything that would cause this page to redirect. I completely cleared my browsing cache, restarted the browser (Chrome) and tried again. This makes no sense at all.

I have successfully created Author Archive views on other websites, and I used exactly the same process on this website. What am I missing?

David McLeod

I double-checked that Yoast has author archive enabled, that did not solve the problem.
I've also tried setting Yoast to identify the blog as a multi-author blog. That doesn't help either.

Okay, I guess I needed to clear the cache a second time after making changes to Yoast's settings, but I got it to work.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.