Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Astra Theme Custom Header

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by loriM-2 6 years ago.

Author

I am using a custom header with Astra theme and the header isn't displaying on the single custom post type pages. Is there any way to have the custom header display on the single post pages?

When you use Toolset with Astra theme you should use Toolset Views and Layouts, and design the content with Layouts, where you can choose Theme Options (in the case of Astra, as well related to the header).
This is visible when you create a new Layout and assign it to some content.
A "Theme Options" section as accordion appears then on the Layouts edit screen for you to set the specific settings for the Layout.
You can then assign this Layout to an entire (Custom) Post Type.
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/using-toolset-with-astra-theme/

I tried these settings and they apply.

Can you try to do this on your site?
- Head to the Layout in question, edit it
- Open the "Theme Settings" accordion
- Find the header settings and set them so you like them
- Save (don't close the accordion, there is a bug currently that doesn't save the values if you close the accordion before saving)

That should work fine, if not, please start with trying on a test install using fewer plugins, to see if maybe it's a compatibility issue.

I also contacted the theme developer and they are debugging the issue. It appears there is some markup missing for the custom header option.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.