Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Assign secondary role to a Pending approval user via CRED

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by himanshuS 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I have professionals and experts on the platform.

Anyone can join as a professional but people have to apply to become an expert. I manually approve the expert application and I receive these applications via a CRED form that creates a 'pending approval' user.

However, it turns out these users can request to reset the password and login into the system as pending-approval users. This is not ideal as I want them to have a good experience and my site is not set up to support access for pending approval users.

Instead, I want to programmatically give them access to a 'professional' user when the pending approval user is created.

I saw this note but it requires generic fields - https://toolset.com/forums/topic/allow-users-to-add-a-second-custom-role-to-their-own-account/

As the pending user is already created via expert application CRED form, I was wondering if I can use a CRED hook to add the 'professional' secondary role to the user on registration itself. Is the doable?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Indeed, it is doable. Check an example on this similar thread https://toolset.com/forums/topic/adding-a-secondary-role-to-a-wordpress-user/#post-607852

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.