Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Assign/change Post Content to some other author/user

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to change the author of a single post in wp-admin. The User is a Subscriber.

Solution: Activate the author field in the post editor by going to Toolset > Post Types. Then use the Screen Options tab in the post editor screen to activate the Author field in the post editor. To select a Subscriber, add this custom code to your child theme's functions.php file, or create a new snippet in Toolset > Settings > Custom code:

add_filter( 'wp_dropdown_users_args', 'add_subscribers_to_dropdown', 10, 2 );
function add_subscribers_to_dropdown( $query_args, $r ) {

$query_args['who'] = '';
    return $query_args;

}

After you select the subscriber, remove this custom code if you don't want to include Subscribers in the author field selections in the future.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jiriK-2 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hello, I've just made some Post Contents as the admin hidden link and now I need to assign it to some other author (subscriber). This change is going to be just for this time, I don't need to make any change/rule in Post Form etc.

Well, how to make it, please?

Many thanks for your help, best.

Jiri

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 4.26.40 PM.png

Hi, you can activate the "author" field in the post editor screen, then change the post author. Go to Toolset > Post Types and edit Tymy. Scroll down to the "Sections to display when editing Tymy" panel and open it. Then you can check the "Author" checkbox and save the post type. Now when you edit a Tymy in wp-admin, you can choose an author. Let me know if this isn't what you are trying to accomplish.

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Yes, I can see author's selection while I'm editing the content in the backend hidden link but the problem is that I can't see any users with a subscriber role there.

Thanks for your help.

Jiri

Add this custom code snippet in your child theme's functions.php file or in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code:

add_filter( 'wp_dropdown_users_args', 'add_subscribers_to_dropdown', 10, 2 );
function add_subscribers_to_dropdown( $query_args, $r ) {

$query_args['who'] = '';
    return $query_args;

}

Then edit the post and change the author. Now you can remove the custom code.

Hi Christian,

many thanks, your suggestion helped me to fix this problem! 🙂

Jiri

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.