Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Assign 2 owners for post

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello, I know that Access allows an author to edit their own content. Is there a way to allow 2 authors to edit a particular post?

I will have about 100 posts, and each post needs permissions for editing from 2 different authors.
I see some plugins that allows multiple authors to be assigned to a post. I wonder if they are compatible with Access.

Thanks

Hi, Access is designed to work with the standard WordPress user role and ownership rules, not the custom application of rules applied by other plugins. I'm not aware of any Access integration with a multiple author plugin, so unfortunately I do not have any good advice for you there. This sounds like something that will require custom code.

If you need professional help with this code, you can contact one of our certified partner contractors. Here is the list of our contractors:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.