Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Are Toolset and Elementor conflicting?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I have been experiencing multiple strange apparent conflicts between Elementor and Views. The latest is this one...

I have created a view to show related content. Here is the view in a blank post: hidden link

And here is the view at the bottom of the single post template (under 'Related Content'): hidden link

That block of related content should be appearing below the content, but isn't. It is displaying fine in the Elementor editor, but in the front end, just garbled and missing content.

Any ideas?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ian

I looked in the backend and there's nothing obviously wrong with your View or how you've inserted it into the Elementor template.

The debug mode showed 6 results returned by the query to display the related posts, but for some reason they are not being output.

Is this a development site?

Can you disable non-Toolset plugins (except Elementor & Elementor Pro) and switch to twentynineteen and re-test?

I had actually done that already, but that Elementor template is showing the post type 'Downloads' from WP Download Manager (WPDM hidden link) and when I put the view on a different template it is displaying fine.

So there seems to be some conflict there. Have you tested Toolset with WPDM? It's probably the dominant document manager solution so must be quite widely used with your users?

Nigel
Supporter

I haven't come across any reports about WPDM myself, so I'm not sure how widely used it is.

I'm installing a copy on my test site and I'll create a similar set up to see if I can reproduce the problem.

I'm not sure if Elementor is required, or whether the same occurs if using Toolset Content Templates.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, I have a problem that doesn't present exactly the same but is clearly related, inasmuch as I am getting messages about infinite loops being created (even though there are not with the given configuration; WPDM appears to be hijacking the templates).

I'll escalate this, but I think you will find that if you do not use a content template to group your fields in the output of your View and you instead place the fields directly between the wpv-loop tags in the Loop Editor you will find that it likely works okay.

Hi Nigel - yes, that works thanks! Please let me know what the tech team says... we've used this plugin on a couple of sites to allow better reporting on download stats, rather than just using a Types field.
many thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

Will do.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ian

this is in the queue to be looked at, but in the meantime a solution is, where in the View Loop Editor the content template is linked to, add the attribute suppress_filters="true", which will prevent WPDM from interfering in that template, which is causing the issue, e.g.

<wpv-loop>
    [wpv-post-body view_template="downloads-view-loop-item" suppress_filters="true"]
</wpv-loop>

I can leave this escalated but I don't know if and when the compatibility issue will be fixed, and so maybe we can close here with that workaround?

Hi Nigel - thanks, this works perfectly. Much appreciated! best, Ian

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks for the confirmation.

Are you happy to close this? I can re-escalate but the internal tickets are filed already and I suspect it will be some time before a specific fix is implemented if it is possible.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.