Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archives View in Layout prevents other Content Templates in layout from loading

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrei-laurentiuP 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have created a Layout Template for Archives (taxonomy / cpt). In this Layout, I have multiple content templates and views, including the WordPress Archive View.

Whenever the WordPress Archive View returns empty (no results), some of the other views do not load at all and none of the content templates css gets loaded either...

Is this normal behavior?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Actually this issue sounds very similar to the one being described in our errata below.
https://toolset.com/errata/the-loop-content-template-of-a-taxonomy-view-placed-inside-a-wordpress-archive-returns-nothing/

Can you let me know if it is the same ?

Thanks,
Shane

Yes. It seems this issue occurs for other types of Archives as well, including for the Search Results Page. The workaround in which content is added directly seems to function, even if a bit annoying, especially when you use multiple content templates in the layout. My issue is resolved now. Thank you very much, Shane!!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.